The Henderson State University Foundation offers scholarships that you can apply for every year. The scholarships are funded through contributions from private donors, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, campus organizations and corporations.
With the Henderson State Foundation Scholarship System, you can:
- Fill out one simple and secure general scholarship application in a few minutes
- Be automatically considered for many of the scholarships available through the Henderson State University Foundation
- Be eligible for additional scholarships by answering a few supplemental questions
- Do a keyword search for Henderson State University Foundation scholarships and review the criteria to see if your qualifications are a match
Who can apply?
Current students who are enrolled at Henderson State University as well as admitted freshmen and transfer students.
When can I apply?
Scholarship applications are available beginning in January for the next academic year. Deadline dates for individual scholarship applications may vary, so please refer to the HSU Foundation Scholarship System for deadlines. You will continue to be notified through your Reddies email account, through this website, and through on-campus advertisements to complete the scholarship application.
How will I apply?
Get started on the Henderson State University Foundation Scholarship System today by following these easy steps:
- Log in to the HSU Foundation Scholarship System.
- Select “Sign In” and then log in using your MyHenderson network ID and password.
- Complete your simple, online general application.
- Review all recommended scholarship opportunities and apply for scholarships for which you meet the criteria.
- Review available scholarships and apply to those whose criteria you meet
- Make sure to answer all questions completely and complete all essays thoughtfully
- Don’t wait until the last minute
- Go into the system regularly to see if there are new scholarships you may be eligible for
- If a thank you note is requested, please be sure to submit in a timely manner as funds are not disbursed until these are received
- Contact faculty for needed recommendations as early as possible
Interested in reviewing available scholarships?
You do not need to sign in to the HSU Foundation Scholarship System to review the available scholarships. Anyone can visit the HSU Foundation Scholarship System website to view all available scholarships. You are also able to do a search to narrow down the list of available scholarships for review. For example, if you are interested in viewing only scholarships available to freshmen, you can do a keyword search for “freshman.”
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
- You will receive an email notification to your Reddies email account
- You can track the status of scholarship applications you applied to in the HSU Foundation Scholarship System
- Monitor the status of your scholarship applications by checking the system regularly. (If you are not chosen, your scholarship account will be updated to reflect this.)
When will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
After applying, check your scholarship account frequently for updates.
- Enrollment Policy: To be eligible for a HSU Foundation scholarship, you must be a current enrolled student or incoming freshman or transfer student who has been admitted to the university.
- Disbursement Policy: Scholarships are disbursed during the summer and are directly credited to the recipients’ HSU student accounts. Most awards are annual awards that are divided equally between the fall and spring semesters. If a student does not attend a portion of the school year, undisbursed funds are returned to the scholarship fund for a future award.
- Cancellation Policy: the HSU Foundation reserves the right to revoke a scholarship if the recipient is found to not meet the published criteria under which the recipient was initially selected.
Scholarship endowments are managed through Henderson State University’s Foundation. To learn more about establishing a new scholarship, please call the Henderson State University Foundation at 870-230-5347 or click here.