Staff recognized for earning degrees
— From left: Allie Featherston, Denise Cordova, Leroy James, Leah Hasley, Jennifer Wright, Salina Smith, and Kristie Wilson. Not pictured are: Lauren Avery, Auston Hudson, and Natalie Scrimshire.
Henderson State University’s Staff Senate honored 10 staff members who recently earned their graduate or undergraduate degrees. They were recognized at an awards luncheon May 12.
The graduates include:
• Lauren Avery, library technician for special collections, accounting
• Allie Featherson, administrative specialist for admissions, psychology
• Auston Hudson, custodian at Huie Library, business marketing
• Denise Cordova, administrative specialist for department of sciences, psychology
• Leroy James Jr., Garrison Center weekend supervisor, social science/secondary education
• Leah Hasley, center director for the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center, Masters of Business Administration
• Jennifer Wright, admissions transfer counselor, Masters of Science in Sports Administration
• Salina Smith, administrative specialist for fine arts department, Masters of Liberal Arts in English
• Natalie Scrimshire, archive’s assistant at Huie Library, Masters of Science in Library Science
• Kristie Wilson, education specialist coordinator for Veterans Upward Bound, Masters of Education in Learning Systems Technology.
The Staff Senate also presented its annual $100 scholarship to Marie Hart, an administrative specialist for Veterans Upward Bound.