President’s Concert Feb. 4
— From left: Ariya Tai, Zaquary Hale, Frednesha Whiting, Tanner Oglesby, Raven Morris, and Wesley Lamendola
Henderson State University’s Department of Music will present its annual President’s Concert at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 4 in the Russell Fine Arts Harwood Recital Hall. The program features student soloists selected as winners of a competition in November.
“The opportunity for some of our best students to perform solo works accompanied by an orchestra, including members of the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, is one of the highlights of our entire year,” said Dr. Steve Becraft, coordinator of the competition.
• Ariya Tai, a pianist and violinist from Malaysia, who will perform the first movement of Schumann’s Piano Concerto A minor and the first movement of Wieniawski’s Violin Concerto No. 2.
• Tanner Oglesby, a baritone from Benton, will perform “Madamina, il catalogo e questo” from Mozart’s Don Giovanni.
• Raven Morris, a euphoniumist from Texarkana, Texas, will perform the first movement of Cosma’s Euphonium Concerto.
• Wesley Lamendola, a baritone from Searcy, will perform “Questo amor, vergogna mia” from Puccini’s Edgar.
• Zaquary Hale, a flutist from Bryant, will perform Monti’s Csardas.
• Frednesha Whiting, a mezzosoprano from North Little Rock, will perform “Che faro senza Euridice” from Gluck’s Orfeo ed Euridice.
The concert will honor Dorothy Morris of Hot Springs, CEO of the Morris Foundation, and a supporter of the arts.
Sponored by AllCare Pharmacy, the concert is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Becraft at 230-5412 or firstname.lastname@example.org.