Miss HSU Pageant March 19
Twelve Henderson State University students will vie for the title of Miss HSU 2015 at 7 p.m. March 19 in Arkansas Hall. The pageant will feature swimsuit, evening gown and talent competitions, and is a preliminary event for the Miss Arkansas Pageant.
Entertainment will be provided by Miss HSU 2014 Brittney Humphrey, Emma Beard, Tanner Oglesby, Aaron Gilmer, Lisa Ridgeway, Jakobi Scott, Jakyri Scott, and Jennifer Wright. Ricki Rebollar, a graduate student at Henderson, will serve as host. Admission is free and open to the public.
The 2015 candidates are:
• Robin Campbell, a junior from Pine Bluff
• Katie Miley, a junior from Arkadelphia
• Ayanna Willis, a sophomore from Little Rock
• Tessa Probst, a sophomore from Benton
• Hope Moore, a sophomore from Benton
• Alexis Garrett, a sophomore from Texarkana, Texas
• Abby Willingham, a sophomore from Lavon, Texas
• Dominique Walker, a freshman from Blytheville
• Ashtyn Price, a senior from Arkadelphia
• Brooke Cornelius, a junior from Hope
• Faith Ledbetter, a junior from Arkadelphia
• Mariah Brown, a senior from Little Rock
The Miss HSU pageant has a long and proud tradition at Henderson State University. The first pageant was held in Arkansas Hall on March 24, 1960. Eleven contestants competed for the title of “Miss H.S.T.C.” Annette Reeves, a freshman from Malvern, was crowned the first Miss HSU. Sue West of Malvern was first runner-up and Mary Janice Nethery of Arkadelphia was second runner-up.