Faculty, staff book signing Feb. 17
Several faculty and staff at Henderson State University are authors who have published books about their interests and expertise. From the psychology of Batman and the history of comics, to American-Soviet diplomacy and Shakespeare’s skepticism, the topics are wide-ranging.
These professors and staff members will participate in a book signing in Huie Library’s Greene Room Feb. 17 from 3-4:30 p.m. Copies of the authors’ books will be available for purchase.
“It has been several years since the library’s last book signing that showcased Henderson authors,” said Bob Yehl, Huie Library director. “Henderson has some very talented authors and we are happy to provide a venue for the campus and community to recognize them.”
The authors scheduled to participate are:
• Dr. Travis Langley – Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight
• Dr. Randy Duncan – The Power of Comics: History, Form and Culture
• Dr. Cadra McDaniel – American-Soviet Cultural Diplomacy: The Bolshoi Ballets American Premiere
• Dr. Suzanne Tartamella – Rethinking Shakespeare’s Skepticism: The Aesthetics of Doubt in the Sonnets and Plays
• Dr. Drew Smith – Reframing a Relevant Truth
• Leah Sexton – The History of the Bradley County Pink Tomato Festival
• David Sesser – The Little Rock Arsenal Crisis: On the Precipice of the American Civil War
• Donna Smith (alumnus) – The Adventures of Peabody Rich
• Charity Loudermilk (alumnus) – The Fifth Rule
The event is open to the public and refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Yehl at email@example.com.